Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

This here librarian loves Talk Like a Pirate Day, a'course. But the storytime(s) I do are for the wee-little swabbies (babies and toddlers), and there aren't many pirate stories appropriate to that age....(sigh)....

So I consoled myself with a display of books for older deck-hands (age 5yrs and up.) -- the display sign said, "International Talk Like a Pirate Day September 19, 2007... enjoy some good pirate yaarrrnns!"

Dora's Pirate Adventure
How I became a Pirate
Pirates Don't Change Diapers
Treasure Island
The Wreckers
a DK book on Pirates
The Legend of Captain Crow's Teeth

There are many others out there, and I was happy to see a good many more that I would have displayed were already checked out. ;)

2 comments:

Michael Robert Evans said...

I have a book coming out soon that might interest you. It's a young-adult novel about modern-day teenage pirates.

It's called 68 Knots. I'd love to know what you think of it.

Thanks!

Michael Robert Evans
http://michaelrobertevans.blogspot.com/

Ok, then said...

Captain Kidd's Cat -- a wonderful book by any measure!