Thursday, September 27, 2007

Yar for today 9-27

Since the 23 things is over, I thought I might just devote this blog to the occasional promotion of anything piratical I find of intrest.

Like this item:
Dress Up Pirate

A cute pirate toy for the wee swabbies! Since I'm considering doing a pirate-themed mural in my soon-to-be 2nd child's room, I was thinking of kiddos and pirate things.

I figure pirates are fairly gender neutral, when ye come right down to it. While some of the more famous pirates have been male, there have been quite a few ladies out there a-livin' the pirate life..and not as a pirate's doxie either!

Anne Bonney, Mary Reed, and Ching Shih come to mind. I recommend intrested folks to look up them... the wikipedia article I read on Ching Shih was quite intresting in that she lived to die of old age. Now THAT'S a successful pirate queen!

No comments: