Wednesday, September 19, 2007

If only I could make me computer walk the plank!

I have no problem with having to have a specific log in to do me work on the computer. Truly I don't.

We ("we" being yer ever lovin' friendly library staff)... have to use two printers in the course of our work.
1. a printer to print out word documents, etc.
2. a receipt printer to print out "guest" passes that allow those who have forgotten their library cards (or don't have one), etc to access the internet.

Back in the day, oh not so long ago, we turned on our (staff) computers and used 'em and both printers worked fine.

These days "we" must use unique log-ins to use aforementioned staff computers. Presumably this is to make our jobs easier.

and it might... if the $%^%^*&#^@#% computer didn't always default back to the receipt printer and try and print word documents on skinny receipt paper.

OR..when its not doing that, it prints to the correct printer, but chops off the document as if it WERE printing it to the skinny receipt paper.

"We" have asked the IT department about this issue. They've been by to 'fix' it. (And one has told the pirate-librarian it must be something she did, 'cause he'd already fixed this issue.)

to which I say....
As soon as I get home, I'm hittin the grog.

No comments: