Thursday, June 14, 2007

Arrrr! Forget the 7 Seas!

Instead, it's the "23 things"....

This here be me blog for recording my progress through the "Maryland Libraries 2.0 - 23 Things program". The "23 things" be short, self-directed activities, designed to help folks learn more about various technologies out there and get more comfortable exploring and using them.

*Breaking pirate voice for a moment* In all seriousness, its been my own observation that to the general public, not only are all staff who work in libraries "librarians", but we know everything about everything. Which is a nice compliment of a sorts, but no one can truly know everything.... thus I decided to set sail on this voyage of learning and discovery.

About the name: I've always enjoyed pirates...at least the cinematical and fictional representations of them. I'm well aware that the reality was a lot messier, smellier...not to mention illegal. And in this day of "PC" language and lawsuits, I suppose I ought to add the disclaimer that the name in no way implies that I condone real-life piracy in any way, shape or form.

1 comment:

Pterodaktulos said...

Ahoy! Great name -- I just wanted to say. :)