Monday, June 25, 2007

Week 3, thing #6: Flickr mash-ups and third-party sites


Ahoy! I really enjoyed exploring all of the mashups available through Flickr. There were so many fun ones to play with.

The one I wanted to write a post about was the Lolcatgenerator. LOL is netspeak for "laughing out loud", and I've personally visited some sites that use cute pictures of cats (or other animals) with funny captions -- usually misspelled as if the animal had written the caption.
One very funny LOLcat site is:
I Can Has a Cheezburger

Another one is meme cats, but that one has... er.... ruder captions on occasion so I'll not be posting the link here. But if ye be reading this, yer net saavy enough to seek it if ye wish.

And...using LOLcat generator, I decided to make the image you see above. Now isn't that the cutest little swabbie ye ever did see? YAR!
I was also quite intrigued by the trading card mashup application, but want to play around with it some more...

No comments: