Saturday, August 25, 2007

#17 Add an entry into the Sandbox Wiki created with PB Wiki

Discovery Exercise:
1. Access the Maryland Libraries Sandbox and create a login account for yourself.
Done! I had to get a new email address to further protect me secret identity, but for those that care, that's piratelibrarian13@gmail.com YARRR!

2. Add your blog to the Favorite Blogs page. That's how we'll know that you've been there. It’s easy to do using their new "point and click" interface. Example: Type in your Blog Name, click on the little world/chain link icon and then paste (or type) in your URL. Done and done. Me URL's there.

3. OPTIONAL: Add a favorite or two to a few other pages (Favorite books, favorite wikis, etc). And, if you feel up to the challenge, you might even want to create a separate page for a book review or a short travel essay and link up to that.
I began a page called "Rousing Good Pirate Yarrrrns" with a few of me favorite titles that I've personally read...but it started to get busy so I figured I or others could add to it later. I can't possibly be the only pirate buff out there. :)

4. Create a post in your blog about the experience.
I enjoyed the experience of playing about with a wikki...and I enjoy using them as a jumping off point when I'm learning about a new topic... and many times there IS good information out there. But I also prefer to follow up and check with the information I learn in print sources, or webpages that have a discernable author (ex a .edu site, or named medical site, etc.) My concern as a professional is that not everyone is as info-savvy or bothers to think of the authorship of a particular document.

No comments: