Saturday, August 25, 2007

#18 Take a look at some online productivity tools

Discovery Exercise:

1. Create a free account for yourself in Zoho Writer or Google Docs (which just won top ratings in the Web 2.0 Awards).
Done! I am, of course, piratelibrarian. Arrrrr

2. Explore either site and create a test document or two.
For someone who often talks a lot... probably too much.... I encountered writer's block when looking at that blinking cursor. So I didn't really create a test document. I did look to see where all the usual suspects were that I look for in a document...and zoho seems very straightforward and easy to use. I know of colleagues who work on committees and have to share minutes or other items...and there used to be a problem with those who use microsoft word vs wordperfect, etc. This sort of thing -- shared documents, might be a way around that difficulty (although I'm not so sure it is a difficulty any more.) at any rate, it would make collaboration between long distance committee members much easier!

3. Try out some features and create a blog post about your discoveries.
Optional: If you're up for the challenge, try using Zoho’s "publish" options to post to your blog.

I'm going to try and write a further post... an #18b if you like, as I don't know if I can publish from there into an already existing post. Better to play it safe and make a new post.

No comments: