Saturday, August 25, 2007

Test post from Zoho


Years ago, I met one of my dearest friends online.  We met through the "Prodigy" service...specifically through a common intrest in gaming.  And by that I mean role-playing games, specifically Dungeons and Dragons.

 

(Come on now, with my intrest in pirates, and the way I like to slip into "pirate voice" -- tell me my intrest in role-playing games didn't come as a surprise!)   LOL

 

Actually, I know role-playing games have been an important part of my life on several levels.... personally -- several dear college friends, in addition to the one I mentioned earlier....and I met the man I married through our college's Dungeon's and Dragons roleplaying club.  

 

I would also like to think roleplaying has helped me professionally.   Sometimes its completely necessary to 'roleplay' the cool-headed, consumate professional when faced with an irate customer.  And, as a children's librarian, I think roleplaying brings an added level to "performance" during storytimes.   I enjoy doing voices and sometimes adding sound effects to books I'm reading -- it makes it more fun for me, personally...and I believe that when I'm having fun that love and pleasure will transer itself to the children.  Granted, you don't have to be a role-player to do a good storytime...but it can't hurt, either!

 

 

The following document was created in zoho writer.   I'm going to attempt to post this to my blog. 

 

And, too, if the public feature works as I feel it does, I might suggest it to my friend that he either revive our old online game, or... as a friendship gone bad (not me, thankfully!) has soured him on that campaign world... maybe he'd start another one.  He is a creative writer and I missed the roleplaying game.



**it did post fine, although the title originally came up as "untitled" -- I'd have to play about with the features to learn how to put the title into a zoho document.
I'd say this is an intriguing application.

No comments: