Friday, August 3, 2007

Week 5: Thing #12

Still playing catch-up. Not sure if I'll finish or not. Usually I'm a finish what I start kind of pirate, but sometimes real life gets in the way. Or my own personal laziness...whichever. ;)

Thing#12:
Discovery Exercise:
1. Explore Rollyo and create an account for yourself.
2. Create a search roll for any subject you like.
3. Create a post in your blog about your experience and link to your search roll. Can you see a potential use for tools like this?

To be brutally honest (and my colleagues will tell you I'm usually that - sometimes to my own detriment) --- I found this exercise completely inane. There was nothing I really felt like creating a search roll for. While I hate to be stereotypical, I find that Google typically does return results that are useful to me. That's why its so popular people -- cause it WORKS.

The only use I could see in this is that it might help narrow results down if a google search returned way, way too many hits.

Maybe.

No comments: